Cancer: Thriving and Surviving is a six week self management programme of 2.5 hours per session. The workshop helps people who are cancer survivors to better manage their health and daily lives. It gives participants the skills to co-ordinate all the things needed to manage their health as well as keep active in their lives and relationships. The programme has been developed and researched in Stanford University and is facilitated by two trained facilitators with their own experience of cancer.
Subjects covered include:
- Techniques to deal with problems such as fatigue, frustration, pain, isolation and poor sleep
- Living with uncertainty
- Exercise for regaining and maintaining flexibility and endurance
- Making decisions about treatment and complementary therapies
- Communicating effectively with family and health professionals
- Nutrition and healthy eating
For further details or to register for this programme please contact the Centre at 093 28522.
****This programme will run throughout the year subject to sufficient number of participants****