We are currently recruiting for a caring, empathetic person for the role of Client Co-ordinator. The Client Co-ordinator is the link between the clients of the Centre and those who work there i.e. counsellors, therapists, facilitators, volunteers and other staff. The Client Co-ordinator is responsible for the design and implementation of the support services programme offered to clients of Tuam Cancer Care.
This role reports to the General Manager.
The role is located at the Tuam Cancer Support Centre, and remotely when required, in line with public health guidelines.
Working hours: Monday to Friday 9.30am to 3.30pm. 30 hours per week.
The role encompasses, but is not limited to the following:
- To provide a caring, supportive welcome and empathetic experience for clients
- To co-ordinate the Support Services of TCC ensuring the delivery of Support Services to clients of Tuam Cancer Care in line with the NCCP Best Practice Guidance for Community Cancer Support Services & Services (published August 2020)
- To oversee administration tasks that arise in the course of the Centre management and co-ordination
- To design and manage the Support and Information Programme
- To regularly communicate with the Manager on any issues that arise from the daily running of the support services
- To liaise with all Support Volunteers including input into the development and implementation of the Support & Guidance Programme
- To identify and implement any new support services or programmes that may enhance the support services being offered to clients
- Sourcing and recruitment of prospective Support Volunteers through interview, training and probationary period
- To oversee the Support Volunteer roster and to ensure any issues are highlighted
- To communicate with clients on a regular basis to ensure that clients receive the best support possible and are informed of other support services relevant at particular times during their journey with Tuam Cancer Care
- To attend workshops, talks, seminars or meeting when required as a representative of Tuam Cancer Care and report to the Manager on any developments
- To represent Tuam Cancer Care at NCCP (National Cancer Control Programme) / Irish Cancer Society activities i.e. meetings, conferences, projects etc.
- Working with other members of the TCC team on whatever initiatives are taking place within the organisation
- Working with colleagues in other cancer support centres to share learning and work on shared projects
Qualifications & Experience:
- Experience of the emotional impact of a cancer diagnosis
- Accredited Psychotherapist / Psychologist / Oncology nurse / Oncology Social worker
- Working knowledge of MS Word, Excel and /or database usage
- A caring, empathetic person
- Experience of working in an environment where confidentiality is important
- Experience of working as part of a small team
- Familiar with the charity sector
Salary: in line with market rates for similar roles in the area
How to apply:
Please send a cover letter and CV to email@example.com including the names and contact details of two referees
Please submit your application by the close of business on Friday, 29th October, 2021